Changes at CORA for 2023
Posted on: January 6, 2023
CORA is becoming something new. A new Pantry whose changing enterprise will unfold before us over the coming months. We’ve been preparing for this change for over 7 years, since Jim Farrington first asked the county for funding for our new Pantry. Over the next 12 months, CORA will become the Pantry many of you first began to envision several years ago. These changes, of course, will occur incrementally. Over the next few weeks, you can expect to see the following:
- January 2-6: CORA will be closed for all but emergency service as we move into the new Pantry.
- January 6: Staff will move into temporary offices at Habitat for Humanity on West Street in Pittsboro. We will take turns having office hours and spending time in the Pantry.
- January 9: CORA will re-open for drive-thru service out of the new Pantry. Service will look almost like it does now. Staff and volunteers will provide food for our neighbors through the garage door. Food donations will be dropped off in the new building.
- February: Renovations begin in the existing building
- Spring 2023: Hard Hat tours of renovated office space
- Spring 2023: CORA Food Pantry and Administrative Offices reopen for choice shopping and operations
Change takes courage! I’m filled with thanks and gratitude for those who had the wisdom and courage to plan for CORA’s evolving future. The changes we make in the new year will enable us to grow in a way that will better serve our neighbors and take one more step toward creating a community without hunger.
Other CORA Posts:
CORA’s Mid-Impact Report January 23, 2023
CORA envisions a community without hunger. A healthy, strong, and connected community where all people have equitable a [...] Read On...