United Way of Chatham County Day of Service
Posted on: August 25, 2021
On September 15th, United Way of Chatham County will be hosting its 2021 Day of Service. This event will make a huge impact on the Chatham County nonprofit community!
This year, CORA is one of the partner agencies benefitting from this event. CORA is beautifying our space and planting a small community garden under the guidance of four local master gardeners. We will be landscaping our grounds with mulch, bulbs, fruit trees, and a variety of plants and herbs. We are looking for volunteers to help dig rows/mounds to create a small garden, including preparing soil and planting seasonal vegetables in the garden. Volunteers are encouraged to bring any of the following tools they have on hand: tiller, shovels, hoes, rakes, a post hole digger, and a wheelbarrow. To sign up, please visit https://unitedwayofchathamcounty.org/dayofservice/.
Other organizations and their projects are:
- Boys & Girls Club Wren Family Center – outdoor enrichment and facility beautification and playground updates
- Chatham CARES Pharmacy, Smith and Buckner Funeral Home, and Siler City Police Department – food drive and drug take-back event
- Chatham Education Foundation – book sort and distribution
- Chatham Trades – fence installation
- Chatham Habitat for Humanity – community build
- Salvation Army – Angel Tree preparation
- Primrose School of Chapel Hill at Briar Chapel – school supply drive for students of Chatham County Schools
We hope to see you on September 15th!
Other CORA Posts:
CORA’s Mid-Impact Report January 23, 2023
CORA envisions a community without hunger. A healthy, strong, and connected community where all people have equitable a [...] Read On...
Changes at CORA for 2023 January 6, 2023
CORA is becoming something new. A new Pantry whose changing enterprise will unfold before us over the coming months. [...] Read On...