United Way of Chatham County Day of Service
Posted on: August 25, 2021
On September 15th, United Way of Chatham County will be hosting its 2021 Day of Service. This event will make a huge impact on the Chatham County nonprofit community!
This year, CORA is one of the partner agencies benefitting from this event. CORA is beautifying our space and planting a small community garden under the guidance of four local master gardeners. We will be landscaping our grounds with mulch, bulbs, fruit trees, and a variety of plants and herbs. We are looking for volunteers to help dig rows/mounds to create a small garden, including preparing soil and planting seasonal vegetables in the garden. Volunteers are encouraged to bring any of the following tools they have on hand: tiller, shovels, hoes, rakes, a post hole digger, and a wheelbarrow. To sign up, please visit https://unitedwayofchathamcounty.org/dayofservice/.
Other organizations and their projects are:
- Boys & Girls Club Wren Family Center – outdoor enrichment and facility beautification and playground updates
- Chatham CARES Pharmacy, Smith and Buckner Funeral Home, and Siler City Police Department – food drive and drug take-back event
- Chatham Education Foundation – book sort and distribution
- Chatham Trades – fence installation
- Chatham Habitat for Humanity – community build
- Salvation Army – Angel Tree preparation
- Primrose School of Chapel Hill at Briar Chapel – school supply drive for students of Chatham County Schools
We hope to see you on September 15th!
Other CORA Posts:
Our Community: Sue’s Story September 29, 2022
Hunger can be experienced differently depending upon a family’s unique circumstances. Hunger isn’t always a dire situat [...] Read On...
Let’s Talk About CORA September 8, 2022
Join CORA for a Community Conversation on October 6th at 8:00 am at the Fearrington Village Barn. Melissa Driver Beard, [...] Read On...
2021/2022 Annual Report August 22, 2022
The challenges of this past year were many and varied. CORA staff and volunteers worked together to turn those challeng [...] Read On...